Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Garden update

Graham and Charlie's school has a Garden program and for $3 the other day, I managed to buy some veggies that the kids at their school planted.  Pretty neat!
I have never seen purple brocollini before.  Charlie did help me cook them.  Interesting... it did taste like regular brocolli. I think :-)
There were also red and white radishes:
I actually had Charlie try one. He was not so keen on it. Ha ha! So proud that he tried one though. Still can't get Graham to try any new veggies, although he did like my zucchini bread. Might be my only way to make him eat veggies!
I decided to put them in the ground since the roots were still attached.  They are doing really well in our pot!  Maybe it will flower and we can plant more seeds from there:
The pepper plant in the background is doing really well too.  We might need a bigger pot soon!
I recently bought some green onions so I put those in the ground too.  Oh, I also put a carrot in the ground. Not sure how/if those will grow though:
I think we finally have a pumpkin growing!  Charlie is careful in checking the male/female flowers :-)
Here is the "female" flower.  According to Charlie, we "married" the boy to the girl flower :-D 
I think the "marriage" worked out pretty well!  Ha ha!
Funny enough, today at school - Charlie's class was talking about pumpkins so I was so happy that Charlie was able to relate to it.  Hope the spider mites stay away when the temperature starts to rise!

No comments: