Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Recent happenings

Charlie had an ABC Fashion Show recently.  His letter was C.  At first we bought a Crocodile costume and for whatever reason, after he got done with the Fashion runway - he was crying on the bench while seated with his class!  I later found out that he wanted to sit with me up front.  So Fashion Show Part 2 for the entire school - we opted with C for Caterpillar.  Homemade of course, as you can tell :-)  He ended up sitting next to me again instead of singing with his friend after the runway show as one of the caterpillar's foot got torn off. Oh well...
The TV is finally going up the wall instead of sitting on the floor.  Yay!!! They had to drill through the metal of the fireplace behind the wall.  At least it's an electric fireplace so no real smoke will escape:
Sunny day at school.  I was wondering why I took this photo but there are actually 4 planes in formation. I know... I can't see it either!
But this is a great comparison for my next photo.  This was at 2pm during pickup. I couldn't believe how the marine layer/fog moved in.  At 2pm in the afternoon!!!  I have never seen that before, at least not that late in the day.  Sometimes we have to deal with fog weather delays during an early golf tee-time but not during school pickup. Interesting!
I went to buy another stool for our kitchen island and found this plaque at the store.  I just had to get it!!! :-D
Charlie enjoying more time under the sun while waiting for his brother.  There is a 20 minute gap between their end-of-school time:
Graham and Charlie playing tag after school.  And you wonder why Graham sneezes so much. He literally has his face on the grass!!!
Bobby and I were first captured but this spectacular scenery - coming down the hill to our apartment.  And this is the way up and down to our local grocery store too, so I get to see it at least once or twice a week.  Hopefully I won't need new brake pads anytime soon :-P
We are also trying to figure out what to do with Bobby's certificate from the army.  Funny enough the lady from the framing store just called a few minutes ago with an estimate for the mold cleanup.  Unfortunately, the certificate is glued onto the backing and normally, if it wasn't glued on, it would be around $400 (just for the cleanup!... not including the cost of the frame and work for framing).  But since it is glued on, it would be so much more - to a point where they didn't even want to give me a new estimate. Ha!  So we are looking into other options. At least the medals are still in good shape:
Ahhh... the joys of moving!!!

No comments: