Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Moving Pod arriving in California

After a long wait - an extra 2-3 weeks due to some paperwork, our Pod arrived a couple of weeks ago (Oct 14).  Unfortunately, we only had less than 48 hours to unpack. Otherwise the company would charge us another month of rental.  Sheesh!

I always wondered how they placed these Pods.  Well, now I know!
Pretty cool!
Bobby's Grandma's rocking chair arrived safely in one piece. Yay!!!
And here are all the boxes.   This was only about half of it as the other half had mold. BLAH!!! It made de-cluttering and downsizing very easy at that point:
Look at all the putters I found.  No wonder I have a putting problem. HA HA HA!
I had to scrub the little nooks and crannies of the bed frame and other furniture with a toothbrush and vinegar before bringing them in.  The air mattress fit perfectly.  HAHA!
We hired movers to bring the big furniture in.  They couldn't figure out how to put the frame together for the box spring.  I think there are a few pieces missing. Definitely one foot missing!
And here are the rest of the boxes in the yard by the parking garage.  The Pod was being picked up just as I was returning from school pick-up.  Thankfully a couple of the construction workers by the apartment helped me to unload the Pod. So thankful and grateful for nice strangers:
This was the final tally by the end of the night.  Phew!!! Thankfully the kitchen table was delayed as this is the dining room:
A few days later, our new bed arrived.  So comfy.  Yay!!! :-)
By the way, our 30 boxes just arrived from Abu Dhabi last night.  I managed to convince Bobby that we needed a storage unit.  Hopefully we can get all those boxes unpacked and organized in a month, although I am guessing probably 2 months.  Who knew downsizing would be so difficult and time consuming!  Although, doesn't help when I am catching up on 3-years worth of HGTV all morning and updating my blog :-D

No comments: