Saturday, July 22, 2017

Fixing watches

I brought some watches to a nearby mall to get the batteries changed out.  The guy seemed a bit rough trying to pry open up the boys' watch, so as I cringed I decided it was too much and decided to bring the watches home.  Then, after having to use small screwdrivers for something else, I thought - I should be able to use this one particular tiny flat one for the watches!  And so it began...
Success!!! Except when it was time to get the back-plate put back on, it was probably the more difficult part.  Yes, I had to use a hammer on this particular one and even so, it still wouldn't snap shut!  Looks like I might have to bring this one back to the pros :-P
And then, Graham and Charlie's Leappad decided to break down so we are back to using my handy-dandy little screwdriver set. I thought that maybe removing the battery might help so I had to get to the core of the pad (with the help of the internet of course):
After all that effort.... NOPE! Still no workie!  That meant having to reset the Leappad back to its factory setting. Thankfully that worked and it was just a matter of restoring all the games:
 All in a day's work - 4 watch batteries replaced and 1 Leappad fixed!

No comments: