Monday, May 8, 2017

Liberty Science Center

Graham and Charlie couldn't get enough of the Liberty Science Center (LSC) in New Jersey! The original plan for us was to see the Statue of Liberty up close but it was a great coincidence that I saw the LSC on the map when I was researching on the trip details.

And what was best about the Science Center was the current premium exhibit of the Mythbusters.  Graham and Charlie LOVE watching the TV program and actually, Graham went to the Live Show last year, so he was totally psyched!
And here is the Mythbuster gang.  Okay, not actually in person :-)
But most of the items from the set were brought in. Too cool!
And so were some of the experiments:
The rain chamber - will you be more wet walking or running? Fun for everyone!
Everyone had a go at this one:
I think Graham did the best! Okay, perhaps Daddy did line up the plate, cup, and vase a little towards the corner - but I love how excited Graham was. Priceless!!!
Lots of other interesting things on the other floors including the Illusions exhibit.  This one even works on the computer screen!
This particular light was probably my favorite within this exhibit.  How cool is this!
Photo time!
Love the New York skyline from the LSC:
There was also the animal exhibit:
Graham and Charlie got to touch a few animals (look away Grandma!):
Charlie was more than eager to answer questions. Too cute! It was so good to see him being so interactive:
There was also the very dark Touch Tunnel.  I skipped this one. Small tight spaces is not my cup of tea!
I did opt to take Charlie through this Infinity Climber. But for some reason once I got to a tight space and was surrounded by people, it made me quite uncomfortable - which is really weird because there is obviously air around the nets!
No issues for the boys!
More climbing around:
There was also the wall of soap.  Had to do it while no one was around, otherwise it will always get popped!
Here is the "I Explore" area. Graham and Charlie love watching the balls travel up and down this interactive maze:
Speaking of love, this interactive skeleton made the boys laugh so much! :-D
The last part of our Day 2 morning was the "Skyscraper!" exhibit.  Halfway across the world to see the Burj Khalifa. Charlie is doing his spiderman pose and Graham "leans" on the building :-)
I ended up doing some walking along beams. Took me some courage to let go of the rope even though I knew I was strapped up!
The boys enjoyed the digger:
And working the crane:
And while no one was looking, Bobby quietly was working the digger too:
There was also a wind tunnel but we skipped that. Phew!!! What else is at the Liberty Science Center you ask??? There was the IMAX Dome and also the 3D movie.  Both excellent!  And finally, can't forget the gift shop.  I think Bobby was more anxious about getting the new Newton's Cradle opened up:
What a fun trip!!!

No comments: