Monday, July 18, 2016

First UAE PGA event

I finally signed up to play in a UAE PGA tour event.  The first summer series event was held yesterday at The Els Club in Dubai.  I was able to get a practice round last Thursday.  Wow, was it super hot and super humid!  Supposedly it was so humid that the temperature felt more like 55C or 131F.  Is that even possible???
A quick selfie with The Els Club clubhouse in the backdrop on the 18th fairway.  Notice the haze? It's actually from the humidity!

Well, the practice paid off.  I finished 2nd of out 10 other guys with a score of 73 (1-over).  Missed first place by a shot. I was actually a bit nervy the first couple of holes. Talk about lack of competitive play! Hoping to play a few more summer series events in preparation for the LPGA Sime Darby Malaysia qualifier in September. Yup, I'm going to keep trying! :-)

No comments: