Tuesday, March 19, 2013

First plumbing project

I installed my first sink faucet (minus the plumbers crack)!  After a couple of trips to a local hardware store and yes, another new wrench, I was finally able to install our new fancy faucet.
Here's the before:
And here's the after! I had purchased this new faucet years ago so I'm glad it's finally on.
I'm glad we're able to save some money instead of paying a plumber (gosh, they are expensive!). It did take me 3 tries to fix the leak which included sore and putty-smelling fingers after, but hopefully it's all working properly now.  It will definitely be tested today as we will have a family of 6 over for dinner tonight!
And now that I've literally gotten my hands dirty in plumbing, I'm ready for more.  One faucet down... 3 more to go! ;-)

No comments: