Wednesday, September 7, 2011

LPGA Monday Qualifier

The LPGA now holds "open" Monday Qualifiers for their LPGA events which meant that I was finally able to play in one! We decided to try out in the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship because Rogers, AR is only 2 hours away by car from here.

It was a windy day and temperature was a lot cooler than the 105F that we've been having! I ended up shooting a 5-over 76 (Par 71) at the Pinnacle Country Club. The 2 spots went to two 73s that day and I guess bogeying the first 2 holes and having 2 three putts really cost me my spot! Oh well... it was still a good experience though and I'm glad I was able to play well on the back-nine. It made me a little more confident of my game and know that I can still go out and play this silly game. Ha ha!

If anyone benefited from this trip, it would be Graham. No, he and Daddy did not tag along since it would have been quite a long day with the drive there and back on the same day. But I did get Graham a little slide from one of those stores that sell nick-knacks along the way to Rogers.
He tried to climb up the slide but after a couple of times, he figured out the steps:
Or sort of... Graham gets distracted so easily!
Mommy help!
It's nice to be so flexible:
Still stuck!
Yay! He made it!
Looks like we'll need lots of practice! :-)

No comments: