Tuesday, February 8, 2011

When your "model" doesn't cooperate...

I looked up online on how to line knitted hats with fleece, but I didn't really like the suggested solutions. And since my "model" would not cooperate in the fitting process, I decided to use a balloon. Yup, you heard right. A balloon!
I started out by putting the knitted hat on the balloon. And then, I would put the fleece over the balloon. I used a rubber band to hold it all together and actually, set the rubber band at the edge of the seam. That way I knew where to trim off the excess fleece.
Once it's all trimmed, it's time to sew them both together. Ta da...!
And here's the other side of it. It almost looks like a shower cap! Or a mushroom cap! Ha ha! I'm sure Scott and Julie's little girls will look a lot cuter than a hand-drawn balloon! I hope the hats fit and that the girls like them!

With daddy's help, we were able to take a couple of pics of the finished hat on my "model":
Well, I think I'm done with needlework for now, although we just bought some more fabric for our second set of family pajama pants! Speaking of which, here's Graham and Mommy relaxing in their matching family pants! :-)
I did just finish another scarf (with pockets!) for our neighbor. Bobby is still asking if I'm going to make him anything. I probably should especially with Valentine's Day coming up!

No comments: