Sunday, February 20, 2011

More pics from Lausanne and Geneva!

While Daddy was at work, Graham and I decided to venture out to see more of Switzerland. This past Tuesday, we went to visit the Olympic Museum of Lausanne - where among the displays were the different/interesting torches from past Olympics, all the medals (the medals were so much smaller back in the days in Athens in 1896!), and attire/gears of some previous Olympic winners. It was pretty neat! Unfortunately, we did not spend too much time there as Graham was rather cranky. I didn't even get to finish my lunch! When we got back to the hotel, Graham was feeling a little bit better as he got to play in the children's playroom at the hotel:
The following day, we headed into Geneva by train. It was a 45-minute train ride and Graham was asleep for almost all of the way. We were in Geneva to meet up with my ex-boyfriend and his wife. Long story short, I dated a German guy when I lived in Phoenix who was training to be a pilot for Lufthansa. And now, we're meeting up in Switzerland almost 10 years later!
After meeting at the airport/train station, we strolled along Lake Geneva then had a really nice long lunch at a fancy restaurant - D'Angleterre.
Thankfully Graham took a nice little nap so I was able to enjoy (and finish!) my lunch. Then, we took pictures by the Jet d'Eau - Europe's tallest fountain. Too bad Graham is not going to remember it!
After walking into the city and along the busy streets of Geneva, we stopped for some coffee... and a little nap, of course.
After the nap, we headed back towards the airport/train station and said our good byes. It was really great to see both of them! The train ride was a lot quicker going back and after a quick dinner purchase of salami on a baguette, we were ready to head back to the hotel in Lausanne.

The next day, on Thursday, we started out the day by trying some "Poulet" or chicken (pureed) that I had bought from a local pharmacy here. And nope! No likey!!! I don't blame him... it didn't smell very good!
Look at all that cereal that Graham did NOT finish! After breakfast, we took a bath. Graham was starting to get so stinky!
He sure loves the water! And he loves to take long naps after!As you can see, Graham has his travel crib on the side, but he loves sleeping on the big bed. Hope he doesn't get spoiled by the time we get back to the US!
After the long nap, I finally decided it was time to give another try in registering my local phone/SIM card. Graham and I hopped on the Metro train and got off at Lausanne-Flon - about 4 stops away. When I arrived at the first Migros (a local supermarket here) that I saw, the guy told me to go to a Migros that's a little bit further down the street, by the cinema. So, off we went again... and when I did see the cinema, I walked in the Migros take-out to get, yes,... another salami on baguette. The cashier did not speak English but I got as much as "electronics". SOOOOoooo... into the shopping complex! I saw another Migros supermarket and decided to try my luck in there, but then suddenly, I saw a sign for "M-Electronics". AHHHhh...! Finally!!! I think I figured what all these people were trying to tell me! And sure enough, when we went into the Migros Electronics store and the guy was able to activate my SIM card! Phew!
After a quick look around in the mall and cafe au lait for me and cereal for Graham, we were to meet Daddy at the next train stop. It was a rather nice surprise to know that Daddy was done early! After picking up the rental car, we had dinner at a restaurant close by to the hotel. Graham is starting to get really difficult to handle during dinners. Let's just say he gets bored really quickly and his throwing skills are improving dramatically by the meals!

The stroll along the water was nice after despite the cold. We finally got Graham to wear a hat! Of course, I bought a hat that I could tie around his chin :-)

No comments: