Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hallo von Buchs!

We finally saw the sun yesterday after 3 days of rain and/or snow. And who knew that we were surrounded by the mountains!Graham and I haven't really done too much other than walk around main street (and visit the same bakery every day!) while Daddy is at work. Although, Graham and I have both made a new friend! I met Kathy - one of Bob's colleague's wife and Graham met Jack - their son. I guess it's really the first time that Graham has really hung out with anyone close to his age (Jack is 13 months old). I'm not sure if Graham really knew what to do - other than to stare at him! We took a nice little walk today to the lake:
That's a castle by the way, up on the hill. And the village below is really cute and it's got some really old buildings! There's just something amazing about wooden shingles! I wonder if they laid them a piece at a time. Kathy mentioned that some of these places still have wood-burning stoves! Can you believe that?!

We also spotted a weird looking duck on the lake. It almost looks fake!

We didn't visit the church, but here's a glimpse of it:

The bells seem to go crazy (i.e. chime continuously for a long time!) at 11am and 6pm. And at other times, you just can't help but count the number of times the bells are rung so you can figure out what time it is!

By the way, yesterday we had a little "incident". See this little wooden mumu cow toy?

Well, I was letting Graham gnaw on it during our walk and all of the sudden, I started to hear him choke. I looked at the toy and noticed that the cow's ear was missing! I put my finger in his mouth to find the ear (which actually you're not suppose to do!)... and of course, the ear wasn't in his mouth. Thankfully I had read a little thing recently about handling a baby choking. So, I flipped him 45 degrees upside down and gave him a couple firm whacks on his back. And blaaaahhh..! His lunch and yes, the ear came out! Kathy said I did not panic and reacted really well. I'm just glad that Graham didn't turn blue. I wonder if I would have reacted the same way!

Well, thankfully all is well now. Looks like we'll be saving the toy for a later age/time :-)

No comments: