Friday, December 11, 2009

To faux or not to faux...?

Well, I guess based on the picture... the answer is a big NO! I thought that maybe, just maybe, I could use the kitchen color paint - dilute it a little, paint it on and rub it off with a towel - to tone down that bright yellow in the laundry room. (I was not about to pay $7 for a Polo Ralph Lauren sponge!) As you can see, it didn't turn out so well (maybe I should have bought that sponge!).
So anyhow, I ended up mixing a little bit of the "Golden Glow" yellow with some white and painted about 2/3 of the room. It's funny how different parts of the wall looks more yellow than others based on the lighting in the room. I did leave the bright yellow on the wall where the door is and also where the washer and dryer is going to be. I did tone down the color above the cabinets and I think it looks so much better.
Now I just have to figure out what to do with the cabinets - stain or paint???? And what color??!!?














Spotted a woodpecker yesterday in the backyard. It was like an invasion of birds when the sun came out. One minute they were there,... and the next minute, they were all gone! Looked it up on the internet and this one is called the red-bellied woodpecker. I don't see the red belly though!

No comments: