Saturday, August 30, 2008

Landscaping day

I decided to work in the front yard today after purchasing a few items from Lowe's. We bought a couple of solar hanging lights, an aloe plant, and also a hibiscus plant and a trellis. The hibiscus or "Bunga Raya" is the national flower of Malaysia. Figured that would be a nice touch :-) Hopefully it will survive long enough for me to at least see one flower and discover what color it is!

It was also a busy day pulling weeds that had overgrown through the mulch in other parts of the front yard. We were planning on putting up some mini white picket fences along the border but the ground was more like clay underneath and nothing was going through it! Instead, I discovered some large stones from the empty lot next to the house and I have to say, it looks rather good! I'll be sure to post a pic tomorrow. It was getting really dark when I was finally done walking through the weeds at dawn. I was almost wondering at times if I was going to find a dead body out there!

1 1/2 years into the marriage and Bob finally decided to make a special trip tonight to buy an X-Box. You can almost see that glimmer in this eyes as he walked through the door. Gone are my days of Home & Garden TV...! And hopefully he won't get any crazy ideas about car-jacking and robbing people from playing Grand Theft Auto!

1 comment:

Kiersten said...

Chris bought a Play Station 3 while we were waiting to pick my parents up at the airport the week of our wedding. You are lucky you made it 1.5 years!