Saturday, August 9, 2008

Car window

Driving to the golf course this morning, I wound down my window to tell the volunteer at the entrance that I'm a FUTURES Tour player. And then I went on my merry way to the parking lot, except I was distracted by the fact that my window would not wind back up! I attempted to fix it but of no avail. The glass panel had somehow popped off its track and was getting stuck going up within the incorrect rubber seams.
I had to warm up before my tee-time so I decided to wind the window back up as much as I could... and I clamped a white towel in my door to cover my window. It was quite a sight in the parking lot. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me!
When I got done with my round, my first assignment was to find a mechanic in the phone book. Of course, no service centers are open on the weekend. But lucky enough, the title sponsor for the golf tournament this week is Falls Auto Group. The head pro of the club got in touch with the owner of the auto dealership (who is also the owner of the golf course!) and sent one of his mechanics to the golf course! Earl started taking the door apart and 30 minutes later, it was fixed!
Thankfully, it was a sunny day and best of all, the service was FREE! Perhaps I should only wind down my window Mon-Fri. And perhaps I need to think twice about going to a Waffle House for breakfast. The last time I was at one, I slammed my thumb in my car door. And now this...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Waffle house? Is that the other breakfast of champions? PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE!!!!
Iain