Monday, July 7, 2008

Week of July 4th

The off-week started with unloading my car into my mom-in-law's living room. And as you can see, I haven't quite figured out how to travel light :-) Mom-in-law was trying to figure out how I managed to fit everything in my little 2-door honda! Yes, quite a system to my madness!
The other reason why I had to clean out my car was because I was taking it in for service. I figured it was time for a major service/maintenance at 190,000 miles. Let's not talk about how much I paid... :-s

Bobby arrived at the Newark airport wednesday night. After filing for a lost luggage, his golf bag finally arrived on the belt an hour and a half later, just as he was walking out of the claims office! Of course, it would have helped if he told the airline right at that time that his baggage actually did arrive because I kept receiving voicemails on my phone that they were still tracking his golf bag! I hope they were paid double overtime for that!

The weather held up pretty well during our golf days on Friday and Saturday with Bob's brothers. We were able to play at Liberty National Golf Club where his brother Kenny works at. What a golf course! Just beautiful... and with only 80+ members, the golf course does not get very much play on it and so the conditions were just immaculate! And how about the Statue of Liberty as a backdrop!

Since we had all of Bobby's family around this holiday weekend, we decided to eat our wedding cake. We defrosted the 9-month old cake from his mom's freezer and amazingly, it still tasted really good! We weren't sure if we would be back in NJ for our 1 year anniversary in Oct, so we figured 9 months was close enough. Plus, techically... we were married on Jan 6, 2007. :-)

No comments: