Monday, April 28, 2008

Top-10 Finish!

What a week..! Day 1 of the tournament in McAllen, I shot a score of 2-under par 70! I was so proud of myself to finally shoot a round under par this year. And then, day 2... another 70! So perhaps it wasn't a fluke :-) There was a rain delay on day 2 so actually the second round scores were not posted until sunday morning where I had to play the last 2 holes. And finally on day 3, I shot 1-under 71 to finish the tournament tied for 8th position. It's been a really good week. I stayed with Terry & Judie "mom" - my sister's in-laws. They have a winter home here. Judie made yummy meals for me every day and every night. Terry, a master in psychology, talked about the "six pack" - 2 rescues and 4 dunks - which basically translates to shooting 68 in every tournament. I was close! So I guess I was listening :-)

And can't forget Sam the dog. He was there to greet me every morning when I woke up and every time I got home. Hmm... maybe I need a dog instead of a h..u..s..b..a..n..d... HAHA! I'm kidding. I actually got some pointers from Bob last week when he caddied for me. Next week's tournament is in El Paso. Hopefuly everything will hold up against that Texas wind! I sure hope I don't get sand-blasted again out there like last year!

2 comments:

S and T said...

Yay! We were watching the scores all weekend long and we were looking forward to this post =)

Keep up the good work!!

S & T.

Anonymous said...

Great Job!! Long time coming and finally a top 10. Keep those good scores coming. I'm very, very proud of you! Love, Sis.