Monday, April 14, 2008

Are you a U.S. Citizen?

Once again... I was stopped at the Immigration Inspection station during our drive home from McAllen, TX. Bob and I were there for the weekend to practice and also to visit my sister's in-laws. Anyhow, this time I actually had to get out of my car and enter the office. Once going through the metal detector, I just had to sit and wait until the officer found my record in the system. While I'm looking at the handcuffs lined up and bolted along the long desk, he eventually found my record. With a smirk on his face, he then asked the other officers behind the desk if the photo in the system was actually me. I was going to ask if I looked prettier now but figured I better not :-) And then he proceeded to turn his computer monitor around and asked ME if the person in the photo was me! They were being so silly. Well, I left the office and was reminded AGAIN to always travel with my passport.
Once we hit the road again, it was Bob's turn to drive soon after that. We were driving along a railroad track to the right of us. When Bob saw a train coming towards us, he leaned towards the windshield and pumped his arm to signal the train operator to toot his horn... and sure enough, he did!!! Needless to say, that made Bob's day.

No comments: