Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Recent happenings

So, we're trying to finally put this big birdhouse up (again) as I had terrible luck trying to get a screw into this hard piece of wood last time.  I had Graham help me out with a pre-drilled hole instead.  Looks like it's going to be an interesting day. LOL!!

After a few more tries, we did it!
No bird has checked into this Birdie Motel yet.  Hopefully one day!

More drilling also to get this DIY trellis put up for our tomato and cucumber plants, along with some other veggies I'm trying to grow this year :-)
I picked up some strawberry plants for $1 each:
The lady gave me a few extra little plants!  Thankfully I found another raised planter for these extra ones:
Actually, there was 1 ripe strawberry yesterday and I forgot to pick it.  It was totally half eaten today! I'm guessing it's a squirrel?!
And nevermind that, I also found an eaten what looks like a jalapeño pepper in the strawberry planter??
Maybe we'll get a jalapeño plant in here then?? This pepper didn't come from my garden. Ha ha!!

I had some time to spare the other day so I went wandering around a furniture store that I liked.  I really liked this but not for $2,229!!

Going to a store and Graham couldn't help but jump into this little Jeep :-)
Can't believe he is going to turn 14 years old tomorrow!!

Bought a couple of used planters.  Both for $20. What a steal!  It was a bit of a drive but I think it was totally worth it :-)
We went to a plant sale a few weeks ago and it was at this lovely farm.  I had to take a photo of this tree-lined street on the way out:
And then of course, with us in it :-D
Bobby has been making a lot of breakfast for the boys lately during their school days.  They are going to get spoiled!  He did make me a yummy strawberry Nutella crepe one weekend morning.  Although, I thought he put too much Nutella.  I know, can there actually be too much??!
Bobby is still thinking about that "too much Nutella".  LOL!!
Graham has been baking occasionally.  And he's getting quite good at reading instructions on the box and getting everything just right.  Well done, Graham!  These turned out super yummy!!
We still need to work on the cleaning part though!

I was still laying in bed one morning when Bobby came to the bedside and told me there were ants crawling along the ceiling.  Seriously?!  I dumped some ant bait and thankfully the next day, the ants were gone.  Phew!
You're wondering why I have this piece of wood running across by the ceiling.  I'm running out of space to put planters by the sink and turns out I had the perfect piece of wood to go across/above the sink and I could hang some planters instead :-)

And I guess the boys need to learn how to throw chocolate wrappers properly into the trash bag rather than directly into the trash bin.  Ant issues are no fun!
Although, we are getting a lot of ant hills outside as well. Boo hoo!!

Another sewing project at the library. It's sort of like a tool belt/apron. Yes, Momma's stuff.  Ha!
Oh, here's the 2 milkweed that I've planted by the front of the garden.  And oh again, I saw a Monarch butterfly flying around our front yard.  Yay!!
Hopefully more will come back once our milk weed grows a bit more.  

Also picked up a couple more other plants from the Plant Sale.  I finally planted them in the ground a week or so ago during mulching.  Hopefully they will reseed and reproduce nicely for some more color splash in the garden :-)
Can't believe the boys will be out of school in a week's time.  Where did the school year go?!  Hopefully that means they will help me out with a few more projects around the house.  But yikes, asking for help is almost like pulling teeth with the boys, especially with Charlie! And constantly negotiating about computer playing time.  Drives me crazy.  And Bobby always says, it's a short drive. Pha!  :-P

No comments: