Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Oops! Covid got me! (Aug 18)

It finally caught up to me.  Yup, the Covid virus.  I felt it the day after we arrived back from Malaysia - achy body and a slight fever.  And sure enough, tested positive!  I was immediately banished into the basement.  Thankfully we are able to have some separation from each other in this house with 2 separate floors.  But geez, maybe next time we should have dusted the ceiling?!  There's a huge spider right above me when I lay my head on the pillow.   Ha ha!!
And then, on the 2nd night, there's a bat flying around in the bedroom.  What the...!?!  I thought I was seeing things but I swear that little bat flew and touched the top bits of my spiky hair.  When I turned on the lights, the bat disappeared.  I thought that maybe it had flown upstairs. So I headed up the stairs and checked the boys' room and also our master bedroom.  Nope! Nothing!

So I went back downstairs, turned the lights off again and there is was again! Bob finally was convinced I wasn't hallucinating. And so, I grabbed Charlie's fishing net and gave it to Bob, thinking he would catch it and we would release it. Instead, he smacked the small little bat and killed it. Oh no!  Well, that was that.

I'm just glad I had decided to mount a little TV in the room.  Lots of binge watching and I get to admire the "sarong" cloth that I bought from Malaysia.  One of these days I'm going to get my sewing machine out again!
My brother insisted that I take some of these when I was back in Malaysia.  Somehow I had packed them with me, so I guess I'll take them now.  I think they are just like Vitamin C supplements that dissolve in water.  Let's see how this goes:
In the meantime, it feels like a hotel down here with room service. LOL!!  Pizza one night:
Fried chicken another night.  We love Popeye's chicken.  He he!  Thank goodness the Covid virus didn't take away my taste buds!
Bob even drove out to get me some Malaysian food. What a sweet hubby!  He definitely earned some brownie points there :-D
Yummy curry puff!  And then, some eggs and toast for breakfast, including tomatoes from the garden:
I'm so glad for some local coffee from home/Malaysia too.  And my neighbor is so kind - baked some banana bread for me and the boys.  We are so lucky to have some good friends around:
By Day 7, still tested positive for Covid.  Boooo!!!
By now, both Graham and Charlie are already back into their first week of school.  Thank goodness for their school buses!
I attempted to sort out some paperwork in the office as I was starting to feel better:
But not being very productive. Binge watching Netflix is sooooooooooo much easier. LOL!!

More personal food delivery - ramen noodles. Yum!
By now I'm wondering if I'm gaining or losing weight.  Ha ha!  Oh, this was what's left of my chicken rice from the Malaysian restaurant. Ha ha!!
After a few more days, I did head upstairs to check out a few things.  Oh boy, my poor plant!
Maybe if I trim it,  the plant might survive??
There's 2 bamboo shoots that are dying here too :-(
And in case you missed it in the previous post, here's the overflowing of dishes while I've been downstairs. YIKES!   
Bobby was lucky that the "Kitchen fairy" did decide to show up one night to clear up some of this mess.

And so as a rewards, a burger (or technically just half of it) and fries, with a side of jalapenos once I was fully recovered by Day 12.  Twelve long days to finally test negative. Sheesh!
I'm so happy to finally be able to sit upstairs again and look, it's the hummingbird!
I cut up some flowers from our garden too.  Actually these were leaning onto the walkway so it was a good excuse to cut them and bring them indoors.  Love the color splash :-)
I also bought some old stamps of my home-state: 
It used to be called North Borneo - as you can see in the bottom few stamps.  And that's Queen Elizabeth II on the stamp, as North Borneo was once a British colony.

Funny enough, during the 2nd trip that I was back in my hometown, I was going through some old photos at my dad's place.  And I found some old stamps just like these.  What are the chances of that!  I wonder if it was my mom that had same them.
I have still yet to use my new (used) putter that I had bought earlier this summer:
I managed to get a new headcover for it while in Kuala Lumpur.  Yup, I splurged on this one - but it's so cute!!
Apart from tomatoes, there were also some peppers in the garden.  I stuffed these with ground turkey and baked it.  Not too bad!
And here are the rest of the tomatoes for the season.  Looks like they are all mine since no one else in this household eats them:
And Charlie caught his first fish again at the lake by the house. Didn't miss a beat with his favorite past time.  Too cute :-)
It's so funny how it was just me that caught the Covid virus while both Graham and Charlie were fine.  We were almost always together on the way back from Malaysia.  Super strange!  Well, Bobby is probably glad that he only had to deal with one sick patient vs 3 patients.  Can you imagine?! He probably would have checked into a hotel room.  LOL!

I'm currently back in Malaysia again (3rd time in 3 months) to check on my dad, who is still at the hospital.  Let's hope I don't catch another bout of Covid again on the way back!

No comments: