Friday, October 21, 2022

Tree trimming and mulching

I forgot to take the before photo and I totally forgot to tell the tree that it was going to get trimmed! Here's a quick video from the window:

We decided to have this tree trimmed because it is leaning so much! 
If it's any consolation, it is leaning away from the house.  A huge limb was trimmed off to reduce the weight/lean.

Looks like there's more weeding to be done in the yard as well:
I'm so glad we were able to keep the mulch:
But I didn't realize how much mulch we ended up with.  The guy said something about 2 to 3 yards.  I think there's a whole lot more!!
We got some nice stumps for seats by the fire pit:
And looks like we have a bit more firewood as well.  It will be interesting to see Bob chop these :-D
Ta da!!  I think the tree feels happy too!!
A few days later,... it was time to go through that mulch.  All hands on deck!!
We don't have a wheelbarrow, so we had to improvise a bit.  Yay for skateboards!
And some kid power :-)
I totally forgot about this red wagon:
It's about time Daddy showed up to help out! :-P
What does Graham think he's doing... taking a break?!
Well, I sent him to make us lunch.  I thought he did a great job making everyone ham and cheese sandwiches:
A while later, somehow... I managed to rip my shorts! LOL!!!
And these are one of my favorite pairs of shorts too!  I still haven't thrown them out yet.  I still keep thinking I can sew it up somehow.

I think we made quite a good dent after day one of mulching.  We covered it with a tarp (actually an old shower curtain) because it was due to rain soon the next day:
The yard is starting to come together, slowly but surely:
We were debating about taking out this entire of row of shrubs out here, but the trimming that was done actually looks pretty good and presentable.

I bought a new organizer for all of our garden tools.  This one seems to work quite well!
Sending back the tree in a different form (mulch) to the base of the tree.  Win win!
It would eventually take us another week or so to finally finish putting away the entire pile of mulch into the rest of the garden.  Phew!  Let's not do that again anytime soon.  Ha ha!!

No comments: