Friday, October 28, 2022

Kayaking

I didn't want to buy a kayak for the longest time, mostly because the garage was in such a mess that I wouldn't know where to put it.  We obviously could have put it by the lake, but I guess I just wasn't in the mood to entertain the idea yet.  But funny enough, some of the women around the neighborhood would go out kayaking on the lake and I was invited to join them.  And so, boom..! That same night, I had picked up a kayak for the next day's adventure :-)
I managed to put it in the trunk with the end bit of the kayak sticking out the back window.

I think Charlie is telling me how I actually should be sitting on the kayak while on the lake. Ha ha!
I'm glad the boys are around to help me carry the kayak to the lake. It's just a tad heavy for one person!
Ahhh, so serene on the lake!
We decided to get the boys two sit-on kayaks versus the sit-in kayak that I had used:
And off they go!
Funny how the boys scoot themselves into the water, not realizing that the water is going to seep into their kayak!  But that's actually how it's designed to work, so needless to say, they got a bit wet:
And well, both of them ended up falling into the lake, so they definitely got all-the-way wet!!

Fun time on the lake!
Graham fell into the water here and was just getting back on his kayak.  I think these sit-on ones are definitely easier for them to get back into, although perhaps they wouldn't be falling in so much if they had the sit-in ones. Or perhaps if they didn't try and knock each other over!
Daddy shows up after work to see what's going on :-)
I had missed posting some of these from when we first moved here.  Graham and Charlie brought the surfboard out and tried to stand on it like a paddle board:
Looks like it's not as easy as it seems:
I think being on the knees is the best way to go with a surfboard. It's pretty narrow compared to a regular stand-up paddle board:
Bobby took the boys out one other time to kayak.  What a life for these boys!
Thankfully the neighbor is so nice and can lend us one of their sit-in kayaks whenever needed:
Fall is definitely here now.  Look at this tree!!
There are SOOOOO many leaves everywhere though.  I thought Fall was my favorite season but as of right now, I think I've changed my mind and would like Spring to come!
It seems like it's never ending with these leaves falling onto the back deck despite all the sweeping. Urgh!
I knew I should have stained the deck prior to Fall. There's so much moisture on it now - between the rain and all the layers of leaves, so hopefully the wood will not get ruined. We'll see if I get motivated before winter.  The temperature has not been very consistent... cold for a few days and then back to the 60Fs and even 70Fs for another day or so.  In the meantime though, I need to figure out where to store our kayaks. The garage is still so full.  YIKES!

No comments: