Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia

We finally made it to Malaysia early last week/Monday (Oct 7).  We had missed our connection flight in Chicago and ended up staying the night there.  Thankfully, there were some seats available the next day and I was able to get at least 1 day's worth of practice at KLGCC (Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club).

The boys were completely exhausted by the time we arrived at the hotel:
And early during the week, there was golf to practice and lots of media to please.  That's me on the left with the white cap, white shirt, and black skort.
And while Charlie was able to spend some time at the day care located at the golf club itself, Graham was able to spend some time with Daddy on-site:
 It was nice getting my hug after the end of my round:
And after the round, we would then pick Charlie up from daycare and head back to the hotel in the courtesy car.  Talk about service!
And I think the boys enjoyed not having to be buckled in any carseat!  It is still not mandatory in Malaysia for kids to be strapped in during car rides.
Once back in the room, Charlie would sometimes have his 2nd nap.  This boy can sleep!
Graham, on the other hand would refuse to nap.  Instead, he would fuss by the time dinnertime arrives and end up falling asleep on our way back to the room (with an empty belly, of course).
Well, at least Graham got to rub shoulders with some world-ranked golfers during the day!
I actually got to practice with Suzann Pettersen a little during my Tuesday practice.  I also got to play 9 holes with Lexi Thompson, who was the eventual winner of the golf tournament!

As for me, I ended up #67 with scores of 74, 77, 74 and 84 (par 71).  The first 3 days were quite decent but it was unfortunate that I wasn't able to play better on the last day.  I just could not putt!  I still can't figure out why.  I suppose if it's any consolation, another world-class player Yani Tseng also shot in the 80s on the last day.  Golf is such a crazy game!

At least we know daddy had some fun during the week too!

No comments: