Thursday, August 22, 2013

Charlie's 1-year doctor's appointment

Since we were away in Phoenix for Charlie's 1st birthday, we had to reschedule his doctor's appointment in Tulsa. We were finally able to get him in this past Monday.  Again, as chubby as Charlie is, he is only in the 10th percentile in weight at 20lbs and 8oz and in the 25th percentile in height at 29 1/4".

I had forgotten to bring the camera with me, so the only photo I got to take was of both boys completely passed out in the car on the way home from the doctor's office.  Charlie was definitely quite beat up after 2 vaccination shots on the left thigh and one other shot on the right thigh.  Poor fella!
Well, what Charlie lacks in weight and height, he is definitely gaining in personality. He is becoming quite the little person now.  He has learned to clap:
He has learned to wave:
And I've been trying to get Charlie to say "da da" on camera. I believe that's his new word these past few days, although I'm still not sure if he's actually trying to say "da ge" meaning big brother. Anyhow, Bobby has just been ecstatic!
As you can see, there's a lot of "monkey see, monkey do" with big brother Graham and it's been happening more frequently lately as Charlie gets more mobile crawling around the house.  Both boys love to copy each other, especially when it comes to screaming.  It's almost difficult to differentiate their voices now!  It's going to be tough to figure out who did what when both boys are screaming and out of my sight!

Charlie has also learned to climb up the stairs all by himself now. He would actually pull the security gate off from the bottom of the stairs!  He is still working on coming down the stairs. Going backwards is still quite a challenge. No video of this one yet as I'm not sure if I can take my eye off him as he's on the stairwell.

And what else? Oh! Making a mess, as usual:
I wonder how much longer before Charlie finally takes his first step.  Although, don't they always say "be careful what you wish for?" :-)

No comments: