Thursday, July 11, 2013

Never a dull moment in the backyard

There's almost something going on in the backyard, especially with the birds - happy birds in their birdhouse, in the bird bath, and all of a sudden, there's a nest by the back door???  Did you spot it yet? I know, it's little messy back there :-s
It's right next to the bucket.  The nest was originally on top of the mower's grass catcher, next to the bundles of rolled up fences.  We have no idea how it got there! But Bobby moved it so the eggs (yes, eggs!) don't bake in the summer heat!
It will be interesting once they hatch.  I hope there aren't any snakes around.  Hmm... did someone say snake???!
Yes, snake!  I was getting water from the rain barrel and turned around to water the blueberries, and there it was. I'm not going to lie... It scared the CRAP out of me!!
The snake managed to tangle itself in the netting. Well, we weren't in any favor of untangling it since we really didn't know if it was poisonous or not.  Even so, I don't think either Bobby and I were going to touch it. So, we decided to just end the snake's misery since it did look like it was suffocating. I think the hawks appreciated the little "snack" anyhow.
Huh... is that a cricket in the house?

And every year, we would almost always spot Mr. Turtle in the yard.  But today, it was a snapping turtle!
This thing looked prehistoric! Check out that tail! I think it appreciated the quick shower from Bobby's sprinkler in this heat.
Who knows what else we're going to spot in the yard this summer!

No comments: