Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pregnancy #2 Update - 31 weeks

Here I am at 31 weeks... 
I actually lost 2 lbs!  After the last doctor's visit about 3 weeks ago, I was told that I had failed the 1-hour glucose test.  So, instead of taking the 3-hour glucose test, I was advised to see a nutritionist.  Bobby came along for the support and we were both in shock when it came to portion control!  1 serving of carbohydrate is not a lot!... especially with the amount of pasta and rice I've been eating!

So anyhow, we just had another doctor's appointment this past Friday.  And the doc saw my test results for the past 3 weeks of finger-pricking/glucose testing and I couldn't be happier to hear him say "This shows me you are NOT diabetic".  Yippeee!!! I know that needle is really little but after a while, it actually does start to hurt, especially when you have to do it 4x a day!  I celebrated by having a (small) bowl of ice-cream that night :-)

By the way, in case you're wondering what baby #2 looks like, here is his (yes, still a boy!) profile:
I think he's got that same blunt nose as Mommy! :-)

No comments: