Monday, December 5, 2011

Getting into the Christmas spirit

I really didn't want to spend too much money on decorations this year, so I managed to put some things together that I had found from our previous decorations and also from the garage! Hopefully it doesn't look too cheesy. Ha Ha!

So here is what I have in the front:
A close-up of the wreath:
And a close-up of those little "Christmas trees".
They are actually tomato cages turned upside-down!
Hmm... might need to use some tape.
But anyhow, there's actually a reason behind those logs.
It's to hold the "trees" down from the strong Oklahoma wind!

And I didn't want to leave our potted Thyme without any decor,
so... some red ribbons to spruce it up a little!
And the acorn fell from the wreath, so it found its place in the pot :-)
We do also have some lights around the back deck. But it was too cold last night to stand out there and take pictures!

And for some more handiwork - Bobby bought a new firewood holder but it didn't come with a mat. So... I managed to find some scrap fabric from last year's family winter pants and ta da...!
And the close-up:
I remembered doing these weaving art projects with paper back in Primary school in Malaysia. I think I was about 10 years old or so. Guess those art classes did come in handy after all! :-D

No comments: