Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Good looking deck!

Bobby and I spent the weekend staining our deck. It was stained 2 summers ago but despite the 3-year warranty, it was looking pretty drab! So we decided to stain it again and this time, instead of using a toner, we decided to go with a semi-transparent stain (cedar naturaltone). We also decided to put on two coats of it! Here's the before and after - after the first coat of stain.
Yup, that's me... working hard over there! I was the designated "creaser" - taking care of all the creases. Supposedly I would have to work 6 more years before I could use the stain sponger like Mr. Bobby.

Anyhow, here's the deck after 2 coats of stain. I think it looks pretty awesome! Especially after all that hard work!

Oh, and by the way, here's our new little gutter and downspout that runs into the new rain barrel:
Can't wait for it to rain! There's a 50% chance of rain this Wednesday. I might be out there with an umbrella checking up on it :-)

And Bobby is so happy on his new grass seeds. They are actually sprouting!
Hopefully they will grow a little more before the winter frost comes. We also put in some more flowers/Mums out front and also a new Juniper (Blue Star). Hopefully it will survive next Summer!

No comments: