Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Garden Update

I believe we are on Day 15 for days with highs in the 100s. It's crazy HOT! You know it's hot when even the weeds are wilting - in the shade!

Our vegetable garden is still doing rather well actually. I was able to set up a timer and a soaker hose before our trip this past week. I should have done that when I first started the garden. What an easy watering solution!
The tomatoes are getting really over-crowded. I really should have read those planting instructions! We've been picking mostly cherry tomatoes, although I did spot a few more Big Boy tomatoes! I can't wait!
I have yet to see a single green bean. My bamboo poles were too short and I guess extending them with twist-ties was not the brightest idea. Ha ha!
Oh, and look... one ear of corn!!!
I was told that you're suppose to plant at least 2 corn plants so they can pollinate. So I'm not exactly sure how this one corn came about! ... which makes me wonder if I really want to eat this one!

No comments: