Monday, December 20, 2010

Scarf for nephew

My sister mentioned that little Mikey (who will be 3 years old by Jan 1) wanted a new scarf since he noticed how she would always put on a scarf when they went out. So... the request came to Aunt Cindy not too long ago to knit one (yes, I'm known as the knitter in the family). I decided to do something a little different this time. Instead of knitting, I decided to do a basic crochet pattern and then, I went out and bought some fleece and sewed it to the back of the scarf. Ta da...!!!
As for scale, based on my newly-assigned model, I think the scarf may be a little bit big/thick for Mikey. Hopefully he will grow into it quickly!
I was actually thinking about hand-sewing the crocheted scarf and fleece together but figured it would be a lot quicker to just run it through the sewing machine. The actual sewing time didn't take that long, but unfortunately, I was having a really tough time getting the bobbin thread through and after about 2+ hours with a screwdriver and the sewing machine manual, come to find out... it was a user error all along!!! Silly me!
My next project is to sew some draft stoppers for the windows in the kitchen nook. I have all the material now. Just have to find some time to get started on it! I have set up the dining room table as my base-camp as my sewing table is in Graham's room and somehow it just seems a little too small now for these projects.
And it's probably a little too difficult (and noisy) to sew with Graham sleeping in the room!

No comments: