Sunday, November 14, 2010

New project in garage

Last weekend, I started cleaning up the garage as we had to put the riding mower back into the garage. I was suppose to start painting during the week, but somehow or rather, that just didn't work out with Graham being so fussy this week! I hope it's just the 6-month growth spurt and that this fussy period will pass soon!
Anyhow... back to the garage. We cleared up all the tools and removed all the old nails and hooks that were hung by the previous owners.
After some much needed dusting, scrubbing and some priming, we finally painted. We decided to paint the walls the same color as the exterior of the house. But weirdly enough, the color seems to be a lot more blue than gray! And the first "garage organizing system" that we had picked out yesterday just didn't seem to work out. But after a second trip to Lowe's, I think we finally figured it out! I think it looks awesome!! It's definitely a lot cleaner and more organized. Now we just have to finished up the other 3 walls and the ceiling! And gosh! Look at all those cans of paint!
By the way, that white/unpainted blotch in the top right corner of the pic... that was Bobby's fault. He was pulling out a nail that didn't want to come out, so I told him to knock it in instead. I probably shouldn't have suggested the hammer!
Anyway, nothing spackle can't fix. It's just a matter of making it look pretty that's difficult! I still need to put up peg-board on the other side of the wall. I've always wanted one to arrange all the tools! Bobby says that I get a lot more done when he's not around. :-) I told him that I wanted to stay home and that he could go out to play golf. Needless to say, he did not object to that suggestion!

Graham had some part in helping us with the garage project as well.
Ok,... maybe not. We just purchased the Trend Walker for him this past weekend. He seemed quite excited when he first sat in it.
But after a while, he got bored and just started chewing on the toy attachment. He just loves to chew! I hope he is not teething again.
By the way, he has a new sitting position on his high chair - with his foot IN BETWEEN his toy and the food tray. Graham is just so mischievous!
And oh! Finally... some yummy cupcakes to celebrate Graham's 24th week birthday last week. A couple of pumpkin cupcakes, banana, carrot, coffee, and Bobby's favorite, peanut butter. YUM!!! It's all in the icing!

No comments: