Monday, June 21, 2010

Remembering Mom

It was 3 years ago on June 19th when Mom moved on to a better world. I was going through some old pics and have always like this one. Check out those boots! I believe this was taken when she was at university, in New Zealand.
As with the previous years, I have started the tradition of buying her flowers and lighting a candle for her on her anniversary. We bought yellow roses this time and they smell wonderful in the dining room!

And right about this time last year - June 16th to be exact, I had buzzed 18" of my hair for charity (Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign). Here's a pic of me and my sis at the golf tournament site in Mason, Ohio - where the tournament organizers were kind enough to help out with the special "hair donation" occasion (that's the Malaysian flag, by the way). I was able to get 3 other Futures Tour players and 3 volunteers from the Mason, Ohio area to donate their hair as well for the good cause - where Pantene Beautiful Lengths makes wigs for women with cancer.
I can recall how hot my head got when I was out in the sun! I remembered having to spray sunscreen all over on my head before heading out to play my rounds of golf. So no, it was not cooler with less hair!
And here's a pic of me now - a year later... with a baby!!! My hair has grown just over 8" long and little Graham is a month old! It's amazing what can happen in one year. :-)

No comments: