Monday, December 15, 2008

Our first Christmas tree!

Well,... if you don't count the live one that Bob's mom sent to us last Christmas, then yes...! Our first Christmas tree that Bob and I bought together yesterday. We were going to pick one up at a Christmas tree farm but made the turn too quickly and ended up in a nursery instead. Nonetheless, we LOVE it! And it smells so good too. Although, after sneezing a few times, I wonder if I'm allergic to it!
Thankfully, there were no injuries when Bob was trying to trim the tree trunk yesterday. It was his first time using the circular saw. Once that was done, setup was quite painless - other than the fact that you had to deal with the sap coming out of the tree and those tight screws on the tree trunk holder!
And now, in lieu of having to deal with gnats (thanks to the recently discovered 1-month old rotten banana in my golf bag), I'm constantly trying to clean up all the pine needles on the carpet!

We also had our first sleet in Tulsa last night. Thankfully, we got home just in time before the heavy stuff hit! As of right now, the driveway and roads are still frozen and school was canceled for the day. Too bad it wasn't a snow day... I would be building my snowman right now :-)

No comments: