Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 2 of Hibernation

It's day #2 since the sleet Sunday night. Schools are closed today as well. The roads in Broken Arrow are still icy, according to Bob. I'm not even tempted to drive as I don't think my car tires will perform well at all on the frozen sleet. I can only imagine how it will just slide down the driveway, go up the curb across the street, and crash into that fire hydrant!!
And there's nothing wrong with the lighting of the camera. It's 11:14am and it IS that dark and gloomy outside right now. It's so depressing...
Thankfully, there's lots for me to do at home. I've yet to get all my Christmas cards written out and perhaps more cookies to bake! :-)

2 comments:

S and T said...

LOL try our last ice storm. My father got power a few hours ago. it went out on Thursday night. Yup, 5 days without power or water.

We only had to "survive" for 24 hours for us. People down the road, it was 4 days for them...

Cindy Lee-Pridgen said...

Oh no! Well, thankfully it was only 24 hours for you both! This time last year there was an ice storm too and there were a lot of people without power. We'll have to bring the chiminea in if that was the case for us. Haha! :-)