Thursday, November 20, 2008

Officially an Oklahoma resident!

Today, I finally decided to change my title and car registration from TX to OK. It was a breeze! There was hardly anyone at the Oklahoma Tag Agency compared to what I had to deal with in Houston, TX. If I recall, that was a whole-day affair!
After spending a mere 7 minutes at the Tag Agency, I headed over to the Department of Public Safety, which was less than a mile away. Technically, I was suppose to start here first. Nonetheless, with NOBODY in the office, I was in and out in about 5 minutes! Once being sent back to the Tag Agency with the paperwork, I stepped straight to the counter (again, no waiting involved here) and was helped by the same lady as before, who happily said "She's back!".
After taking my picture and fingerprints, my Oklahoma driver's license was done in a couple minutes (as compared to Houston where you get it in the mail a few days later). There's a bright red block print across my ID that says "TEMPORARY" - probably because I'm here in the country on a visa. Nice... Well, if anything, at least the picture looked good :-)
The most annoying and time consuming part was probably trying to peel off the TX registration that's on the inside of the windshield. That probably took more time than the trip itself today! My knuckles are sore now trying to get to the narrowest part of the windshield and my palms too are sore from trying to unscrew the old TX license plate from the front of the car. Thankfully, in Oklahoma, we only need on at the back of the car.
Sure beats living in a big city. I'm starting to like this town. Plus, I think my white car looks better with a green license plate! ;-)

No comments: