Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mosaic Table Project - Part I 3/4

After glueing all the pieces together, I was finally able to start adding the grout. The guy in the store said "This should be plenty of grout for your table"... and was he wrong! It only covered about a third of my table, as you can see here below:I'm still not sure if Oyster Blue was the right color, but I guess it's a little bit too late to change my mind now. I really don't want to start chipping it off. I did go back to the store to get more grout and unfortunately there was only 1 bag of blue left. I'm going to have to check another store location. Otherwise, it will be a dual-colored table top. And oh, I decided to spray-paint the legs black. Didn't like the brown stain that I had put on earlier. It will go better with our black rocking chairs :-)

No comments: