Friday, October 17, 2008

A week in Atlanta, GA

I was the first alternate for the Duramed Futures Tour final event for 2008 in Braselton, GA this week. Since not knowing if I'd get into the tournament, I decided to drive from Tulsa, Okla. What would normally take me one day was split into two days (13+ hours total)... shows you how motivated I was to leave after being home for almost a month!
Jen and her husband Brian, and their aussie dog Autumn were really nice to host me this week. Autumn has her own Wall of Fame of ribbons and medals earned in agility. Jen, on the other hand, has a HUGE (and I mean entire spare room huge!) North Pole village collection as well as a Halloween collection. Who would have known!If anything, this trip was not all a loss. I had a really good session with Tetsuro of Srixon and club-fitter Lanny, whom both I haven't seen in a couple of years. I didn't realize how worn out my grooves were. So, I can't wait to start out the next season with some new clubs!

No comments: