Monday, October 27, 2008

Frost damage

Looks like last night's temperature was low enough to cause some frost damage. I suppose if my tarps actually stayed in place, it would have been fine. But the strong winds had blown my tarp AND the rabbit fence off the ground! When they say it's windy in Oklahoma, they're right. It's WINDY here!! Oh well, I guess it's one less thing to worry about when I leave for FUTURES Tour q-school this Wed.
The lady at the nursery was right... the plants are not going to survive this winter. Let them die out and start over. I suppose I should heed her advise about planting early next year!
It's going to be another cold night tonight. Forecast of 27F... maybe these tarps would hold on for one more night :-) I know,... I just can't let go!

1 comment:

S and T said...

awww poor tomato!

If it's any consolation, we had some flurries falling today. Old man winter is knocking on the door! GO AWAY!!