Sunday, May 4, 2008

Get me out of this bunker!!!

So it took me 3 shots to come out of this greenside bunker on #8. I quit my swing on the first shot, so the ball did not travel very far. REMEMBER - ALWAYS FOLLOW-THROUGH on your bunker shots! Anyway, the ball ended up falling straight back into the sand divot, or should I say "crater" that I had first created. So I hit it again... and this time it got a little bit further but the ball still caught the slope and trickled back into the bunker. And of course... back into the now bigger and deeper crater! Just my luck! So by now, all I want to do is GET IT OUT!... which I finally did on the 3rd try. The ball rolled about 30 feet pass the pin and then I proceeded to 2-putted for a 7. OUCH! This was a rather painful lesson.
I suppose I will still have to look at things on the positive side. I did have 2 good days and if not for the triple bogey today, it would still have been a decent day. I am $567 better off than what I started with so perhaps I could think about either fixing the transmission or the struts of my car :-)

No comments: