Thursday, May 15, 2008

Attempt at US Women's Open local qualifier

One of the sites for the US Women's Open local qualifier was recently held at one of our home courses here in Kingwood - Forest Course. We figured it would be an advantage to come home and play here, but the course was set up at almost 6800 yards! It definitely played different... and long obviously. Yesterday, I saw parts of the golf course that I've never seen before. And I guess it probably would have helped if I didn't put my ball into the water not once but TWICE! Oh well,... guess it's not meant to be this year (again). It's my 3rd attempt at the US Women's Open qualifiers. I was able to advance to the sectional qualifier in 2005 and 2006.

If anything, I suppose the long setup will prepare me for this week in Kansas city. And I'll need to keep it on the short stuff this week. Let's just say the rough in KS is VERY HEALTHY!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Cindy - I'm so glad that you are still pursuing your goal. I think of you often. Send me an email sometime. cdm375@att.net

Cynthia Rasavage (former McGuire) Direct Alliance Tempe AZ