Saturday, September 15, 2007

Off to LPGA Q-School

So I'm actually writing this blog in Tempe, AZ. I'm at my old roommate's place and just around the corner is the Honda Service center. I almost ran out of gas yesterday in the middle of Texas (well, it was either some shady gas station or pushing it another 20 miles). Anyhow the low gas indictator didn't even come on yet and my car started to have the "hiccups"! Honda is going to change the fuel filter and run some fuel service thingy. Yup,... I sure know my car! I was going to stop over in Tempe anyhow because I wanted to get my piano ready for the movers next week. Yay! :-)

It's been a long journey so far from Houston to Palm Springs, CA. Heading into El Paso yesterday there was a Car-B-Q on I-10 West. I've never seen one before but heard of plenty. The Scooby-doo Dream Machine look-alike was definitely "well done"... and smelt horrible! While waiting for traffic to move, I turned off my car on the freeway, got out and started chatting with a couple of truck drivers beside my vehicle - Art and Leo, both heading into El Paso. And in the meantime, the guy who owned the car behind me wanted to check Leo's cable connection between the 2 trailers... code for "I'd like to pee between the trailers, please". Hehe... Thankfully it wasn't quite 100F and the wait was only for 25 minutes or so, which built up traffic for about 3+ miles from the site.

My car won't be ready for another 3 hours. So it's either nap time... crochet the baby blanket for sis... or make ribbon roses for the wedding reception in Oct. I'll let y'all guess! :-)

No comments: