Thursday, September 27, 2007

New family member in the garden

Today, we welcome a new plant in the garden patch - a "Celebrity Hybrid Tomato" plant. When transplanting, it is said that the plant needs to be 75% buried. Well... I started out this morning with burying just the roots but then decided,... ok, let's do this right! After about another 10-15 minutes digging through clay in the backyard, I think I have about half of the plant buried now. That's close enough!

So, since it is a "Celebrity" tomato, we shall name it "Britney";-) Let's hope it grows now! According to the same article, ... "watch for fruit to appear within 45 to 90 days after transplanting"... I'll keep y'all posted in Nov/Dec!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cannot play golf so turn to gardening izzit? Hahahah. Just kidding. My garden (back and front) also full of stuff (hubby's work). I've got papaya trees, berries, lady fingers, cucumbers, chilli padi, choi-sam. Used to have brinjals, and long beans. The long beans always attracted kerenggas. Tomato could not flourish, probably due to our weather. Well, good luck with your greens (at home and at the golf course).

Unknown said...

Thought I'd bring you into the blogersphere. You've been tagged.
http://mamasbagoftricks.blogspot.com/2007/10/tag-number-tag.html