Tuesday, September 25, 2007

1,197 miles later...

Yup, finally made it home from Phoenix to Houston in one day! I started at 5:30am and stepped through the door at exactly midnight (or 2am Houston time). I was definitely giddy when I got out of the car and seriously needed to lie down!

I was stopped at the Border Patrol in El Paso and not having my passport, they pulled me over. After waiting 5-10 minutes and explaining to them that I only have copies of my passport (by the way, it's illegal to make copies of your passport!) they finally cleared my record and off I went. "Please have your documents at all times"... was the officer's advice.


It started raining halfway through the roadtrip and I saw the biggest rainbow ever! It was a complete rainbow, where I could see both ends of it. I wonder which end the pot of gold is at...

No comments: