Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tea Ceremony


On June 13, 2007 - Bob Pridgen was officially accepted into the Lee family clan! The tea ceremony went well. Bob had to serve tea to my grandmother, mom and dad, sister (in pic) and all my aunts and uncles. He also had to call them by their appropriate names in chinese according to rank within the family and in return received "Ang Pow" or red packets containing money.


Since my brother (Kelvin) recently registered as well, him and his new bride (Sylvia) also performed the tea ceremony.


We also celebrated my grandmother's 89th birthday by eating "long-life" chinese noodles during lunch. Yummy!!!!
And I celebrated my birthday yesterday (yes... 21st :-) I almost forgot that it was my birthday, since it took almost 37 hours to get back Malaysia!

No comments: