Friday, December 29, 2023

Misc photos in Oct

I think it's only fitting to start this posting with a photo of my dad.  It was quite sudden, but my dad finally succumbed to his illness earlier this month.  I was going through a bunch of dad's old photos and came across this one:

Dad and his buddies would bring back all sorts of game meat.  The usual animals would be like deer, flying foxes (fruit bats), and wild boar.  Then there's the occasional python and porcupine. Ha!

We had to surrender dad's rifle back to the Malaysian government.  Thankfully we were able to keep his scope:
I'll upload more on dad later.  As for the rest of the photos for October... I guess this is what happens when you leave the watering to your kids while you are away/out of the country:
Yeaaah.... these plants are not surviving!
Now that I'm back from Malaysia, there's no more noodles for breakfast.  Instead, it's eggs with avocados on toast.  Pretty yummy!
Flowers in the front yard are still somewhat blooming:
Trying to clean up some dead plants while I can:
A lot more work than I expected!
Bobby had the boys draw me something while I was away. It was too funny that they drew one of a durian.  "We love you just like you love durian!"  This is too cute!!
Back from Malaysia and flying via Japan - how do you not get the boys more Pokémon cards?!
Adding to their already ever growing collection:
And trying to figure out if the cards are worth anything:
Japanese flavored Hi-Chews. Okay, so these chewy candies are pretty addictive :-)
Back in the US and back to American food, like Apple-cinnamon milk shake. And it actually has a donut on the very top too, beneath all that whip cream!
Onion rings and a double patty burger.  Oh boy, my cholesterol is going to go up even more!!
Ah, back to driving my red "beast".  I had been driving my brother's old Proton (sedan) and this truck is so much bigger!  And I didn't feel like taking it to the carwash so I parked it out in the driveway during the rain. LOL!
Boys being boys:
So much rain!! 4" in a day and a half??!
Mommy and Graham date lunch:
We definitely need to do this more often:
Graham and Charlie are back doing Tech Crew at school.  Actually, this is Charlie's first gig.  He is in charge of lighting this time:
I don't remember what Graham was in charge of, but he was helping out towards the front of the stage:
Charlie was hoping to be in the show but was late with audition. So hopefully he'll remember to audition earlier for the Spring show:
Graham decides to keep his hair short. Of course, daddy is having a little fun while giving Graham a trim:
Omg, the calendar for the kids to keep track of their activities while Mommy is away.  I'm so glad I didn't give this whiteboard away!  It was a free item that I had picked up during home-schooling (during Covid):
And while Mommy is away, the boys get to have fast-food.  Ha!
Graham is enjoying Engineering club at school with firing up their rockets!
Here's a video.  Pretty cool!
Looks like I'm going to miss Graham's orchestra performance:
I hope Daddy and Charlie are actually watching and listening, and not on their phones!
I'm so glad Graham is still playing the violin:
Look at how this kid has grown:
Charlie is back at the orthodontist - to get a new set of retainers:
And here I am trying to figure out what to do with our 4 summer tires.  I've plopped our old Ikea table on top for Charlie to use for all his fishing gear:
I think I'm going to lay the tires this way so the table doesn't wobble away!
One last photo - Bobby and all his funny faces. LOL!

No comments: