Friday, December 29, 2023

Chili cookout and Halloween

Here are some photos from this past Halloween.  I decided to make chili for the neighborhood Chili Cookout.  This recipe that I'm trying out uses Guinness.  Cheers!

Mmmmm, looking pretty good!  I decided to use the stag meat that was given to us by my housing host in Ohio:
In the meantime, the boys are preparing their pumpkins to be carved:
Simple and scary by Graham!
Charlie is obviously going with a fish theme:
Nicely done, Charlie!
Okay, here we go - I've decided to name my chili Stag-o-licious:
Look at all the neighbors that are participating in the cookout.  And I had taken this photo early prior to the start of the judging so there were plenty more chili!
Charlie decides to fish while waiting for the chili competition to start:
These pumpkins look so cool when they are lit up!
Charlie's one looks so cool!  It almost looks like his fish is wearing an eye patch. Ha!
Quite a few other kids participated in the pumpkin carving competition:
I think Graham and Charlie both won Best Pumpkin tonight.  And even though I didn't win any awards, the chili was all gone by the end of the night:
Oh, this is what happened when I tried to make this batch of chili.  I was looking for the can opener but couldn't find it in the kitchen drawer!  And so I had to improvise:
This was not an easy task!
... especially when you have to open so many cans!
And guess who was the culprit?! Charlie!  He took the can opener out for fishing - he had a can of corn to open as bait and obviously didn't put it back into the kitchen drawer:
And looks like the squirrels are having a good time munching on the carved pumpkin:
Bobby is so sure that the squirrel also peed on it!
Well, it's the night of Halloween and it's snowy and freezing! I told the boys to dress up as snowboarders as their Halloween outfit:
Daddy forgot to take photos of the boys.  Despite the cold, still lots of candy coming back to the house. Yikes!!
Well, someone else is also having fun :-)
Quite the dusting the next morning:
Pretty!!

No comments: