Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sister's birthday weekend in MN

My sister celebrated a milestone birthday this past week.  She turned 40.  40!  I think I'm freaking out more so than her because in a couple more years, that's going to be me!
Well if there was any shock to the system, I was a shock to see how much snow there was in MN!
Yup... that's her mailbox.  And below you can see how far the snow has come up on a stop sign and to the right of that is yes, the little pole/stick to locate the fire hydrant.  Crazy!
And yes, it's true... -3F outside!!!
Nonetheless, we had a good time spending time together and of course, there was cake too!
Those are her little boys - Michael who turned 6 in January and Caden who just turned 3 in February.
And oh, another pic of more snow!
I was scheduled to come home on Sunday and this is what happened to my flight:
Yes, that is a loop... and yes, I did not make it home!  The plane ended up in Kansas City, Missouri and after refueling, the airline said that there was too much fuel!  And so instead of going to Tulsa, they were just going to send us back to Minneapolis if that's what we decided to do.
So... back to Minnesota it was!  I left for the airport at 1pm earlier that day and ended up back at the airport, waiting for my ride back to my sister's house at 9pm.  I had a feeling I wasn't going to get home to Tulsa that day but I didn't think it was going to be that bad.  I would have just stayed in Kansas City and driven home - it was only a 4-hour drive but there was another storm coming in that night.  I guess I'm glad I didn't opt for that because this was what I saw when I arrived back in MN.
Ok, back to -2F weather but take a closer look:
It's no wonder the plane couldn't land in Tulsa!  Were' right in between where it says Kansas and the 20, right where it's all blue.
Anyhow, when I got back to my sister's place, it was straight to the phone in an attempt to get rebooked for my flight home. Unfortunately there were no flights available coming back to Tulsa on Monday and it wasn't until Tuesday afternoon that I finally returned home.
Thankfully the trip on Tuesday was uneventful although I did come back to 3 sick boys! I'm guessing I was missed quite a bit:-)

No comments: