Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pregnancy #2 Update - 36 weeks

36 weeks!  Almost there! And after the doctor's appointment yesterday, he seems to think that the baby will most likely arrive early.  The baby is sitting very low and my cervix has really thinned out and I'm about 2cm dilated.  In any case, I do feel like I'm walking or more like waddling like a duck these days!  My belly does seem to feel bigger this past week and I am having more troubles sleeping at night!
When I saw this photo after Bobby had taken it, I was like "Wow, I'm huge!"  Although not quite as huge during this same time at 36 weeks when Graham was in my belly.  The ultrasound yesterday estimated this baby at 6lbs (compared to Graham at 7lbs 3oz at 36 weeks!)  The baby is just under that 50th percentile in weight, so hopefully delivery will be much easier this time. But you just never though. I've heard so many stories from several moms - these babies seem to just have their own plans!  Plus, it doesn't help when there is construction going on the freeway on the way to the hospital!
Graham does know that there is a baby is Mommy's belly and he even gets out his stethoscope to check baby's heartbeat.  He even knows the baby's name now! We'll save that announcement until the baby actually arrives :-)

No comments: