Thursday, April 26, 2012

New upside-down planters

Bobby talked about getting some new hanging plants on the front porch, but I was not willing to pay $20 for each!  So... I decided to recycle a couple of metal canisters.  After a few sprays of paint, untangling a wire hanger, and even using a coffee filter - as Graham would say... "Ta da!"
When Bobby got home, I asked him if he saw the planter and the first thing he said was... "It's upside-down!".  I asked him again and he really didn't give me a straight answer.  So I'm still trying to figure out whether he likes it or not!
But after looking at the upside-down planter for a day, I decided to change it up a little.  I realized that I had some left-over fabric and some ribbon.  And after purchasing some multi-purpose adhesive spray (best thing ever, by the way!)... Ta da!!!    
Much better, I think!  And when I asked Bobby to go check it out, he said "Wow! It looks like you had purchased it from a store!".  I guess he liked it a lot better than the first one :-)

In the meantime, here is my pride and joy of our yard.  Look at all those blooms on our rose bush!
These other ones are not as big but thankfully doing pretty well after last summer's terrible heat!
And look!  Our lilac tree isn't dead!  The tree guy said that it was dead and was going to chop it off for free if we chopped off a couple other trees in the backyard.  I'm glad I didn't listen to him!  Although, I did send Bobby out to take it down so we could put another rain barrel in.  He came back a few minutes later saying that there were actually new blooms on it! Yay! 
And look at my Azalea!  I've never seen so many blooms on it.  I was having quite some Azalea-envy especially during the recent Masters golf tournament a couple of weeks ago.
There's still so much mulching to do around the yard.  As usual, Graham has been quite a helper, putting mulch on rocks, into the plants, and even into the garbage bag - basically everywhere else except on the ground!

No comments: