Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

This year is the Year of the Dragon - which is my year! I was born in 1976 - the year of the Fire Dragon (vs. the Water Dragon this year). GROWL!!! Haha... I recently just purchased a "dragon" head cover for my driver/golf club and that's what it would say to Bobby when we play our matches :-)

Chinese New Year was celebrated this past January 23rd. Normally, back in Malaysia, we would spend the eve of the New Year making veggie dumplings. The first meal of the New Year is suppose to be vegetarian (I never figured out why actually!) but we would stay up past midnight to ring in the New Year. This year, since we were not back in Malaysia, I decided to make a noodle dish - we're really big into noodles too back home! Long noodles for long life! I did however make it with beef broth. I found some home-made wonton noodles at the Asian market here. Not quite the same as home but still quite yummy!

I also did get a chance to make some dumplings - another Chinese New Year tradition. Graham looked excited at first when he saw the dumplings:
But when he put one in his mouth, he said "blah"!
I tasted one and it seemed that the cabbage that was mixed in with the meat was still a little bit crunchy. What a fussy eater!
So anyhow, he just started playing with the dumpling wrapper instead:
He'll need to learn to eat dumplings eventually! Hopefully by the next Chinese New Year, which means he has one more year to get ready for it. He is getting better at eating noodles, so that's a good thing :-)

By the way, we finally finished putting together Graham's little cozy coupe! And he loves it!
And it even comes with a little cup holder at the back of the car:
As long as he doesn't drink and drive when he gets older!
The weather has still been unusually warm, but on colder days we started to learn how to paint. Who knows, we might have another Picasso! Wishful thinking perhaps ;-)

No comments: