Monday, October 10, 2011

Leaky toilet fixed! (again!)

For whatever reason, the toilet downstairs started leaking again! And even after a few tweaks with the refill valve, it still wouldn't stop leaking. I ended up breaking the water supply line, which now meant that I had to replace the entire shut-off valve! I told Bobby that I would save him a few bucks by fixing it ourselves, but look at all the tools that I needed!
Once I had Bobby turn off the water main, I tried to take the shut-off valve off, but it wouldn't even nudge! But leave it to this rust release spray. It worked really well!
So once I had Bobby turn off the water main the second time, I was able to replace the shut-off valve in no time at all!
Hopefully this will be the last time I'll have to fix this toilet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I hope this will also be the last time you have to do this. I had the same experience once. Me and my mom simply called for the help of a plumber. That is, by far, the best solution we can think of. You are incredibly talented for being able to fix your own toilet by yourself. Nice! If it happens again (but, I hope not), do call for the help of a professional for lasting results.

Carmella Vancil